Thursday 17 April 2008

SINGLE: Hayman, Watkins, Trout & Lee - Sly and the Family Stone (Fortuna Pop!)


Hayman, Watkins, Trout & Lee have nothing to do with Sly and the Family Stone. Apart, from naming their single after them. Obviously.

My dad used to listen to country 1035AM and dance around the kitchen, it was here that I began my dubious musical appreciation for all things country and bluegrass. Now, while I couldn’t quite see my dad dancing to this (he’d probable need another knee replacement!) I could definitely see him taping his foot and perhaps at a stretch chewing some hay.

An excellent single to listen to before you high tail it to a cake and tea dance in your finest bygone era clothing. Plus a singer who sings about being a kept man can only be a good thing, right?

Dearbhaile Kitt

No comments: