Tuesday 22 April 2008

SINGLE: MGMT - Time To Pretend


This song has a) been released too early in the year and b) is not a good break-in track.

The first time I heard this was when I saw the video, and it's an easy mistake to rope these boys into the now deserted 'new rave' scene which doesn't bode well for them. 'Time To Pretend' is a simple, repetitive tune that amazingly sounds as if it has numerous young children singing along to it, but who would've thought that in fact MGMT are just two men. The synthy bass is great projecting over and over but that's just the thing (as mentioned before) it's just too repetitive.

But it sure is a grower, let's just hope that I don't like it just because I've heard it enough times. And I still don't know if you call them Management or simply MGMT... Ooh how these guys like to remain mysterious.

Stacey Evans

No comments: